Wemos proposes a new version Lite of the LoLin32 based on a module ESP-WROOM-32 corrected. This new module identified ESP32-DOWD6Q 28017 (Rev 1) brings some bug fixes from Espressif SoC. This SoC is always equipped with 4MB of flash memory and brings 801.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth LE for your DIY projects based on microcontrollers.
To become Lite, the LoLin32 has to lose a few pins. The RX / TX and 5V pins are no longer present on the board. There is only one GND pin (instead of 5) and only one 3V3 pin (instead of 2). All I / O pins are available (x21 in total) which will allow you to exploit all the possibilities offered by the ESP32. The JST connector used to power the LoLin32 Lite using a LiPo battery is always present. It is now oriented in the extension of the board to the left of the micro-USB connector. The micro-USB port is always present. It is used for programming (code Arduino, Lua or micro-python) as well as for the charge of the battery. The LoLin32 Lite status LED is always present. The Reset button has moved between the two micro-USB and LiPo battery connectors.
|Wemos LoLin32 classic||Wemos LoLin32 Lite|
Pin Evolutions Between the LoLin232 and the Lite
Here is a comparative table that summarizes the changes made.
34, 35, 32, 33, 25, 26, 27, 14, 12, 22, 19, 23, 18, 5, 17, 16, 4, 0, 2, 15, 13
All features of the LoLin32 Lite
- SoC: Espressive ESP32-DOWD6Q Rev 1.0. Tensilica Xtensa LX6 dual core processor
- WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
- Bluetooth LE
- I/O via
- Connector 2×13-pin for UART, I2C, SPI, VP / VN, DAC …
- All pins operate with 3.3V
- Compatible Breadboard
- 1x micro USB port for power, LiPo battery charging, programming and debug
- USB / serial converter: CH340G (drivers for macOS and Windows on WiKi)
- 1x Reset Button
- Power: 5V via the micro USB connector or LiPo battery (max. Charging current: 500mA)
- Dimensions and weight: not indicated (approx 40 x 25mm)
The board is still as narrow as her sister. A connector row is available on each side when installed on a breadboard.
The board comes with the mircopython firmware but you can run Arduino or Lua code as with all ESP32 or ESP8266 development boards. It is available for sale on the AliExpress shop of Wemos at the price of $4.90 + $1.40 of shipping costs (in my case).
- ESP32, GPIO pins and associated functions. I/O, PWM, RTC, I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC
- M5Stack Atomic GPS. ESP32 TinyGPS++ tracker, GPX export on SD card, visualization on Google Maps or VSCode
- How to store data on a micro SD card. Arduino code compatible ESP32, ESP8266
- Getting started Arduino. Receive commands from the serial port (ESP32 ESP8266 compatible)
- C++ functions print•println•printf•sprintf for Arduino ESP32 ESP8266. Combine•format → serial port
- C++ String functions. concat•c_srt•indexOf•replace•subString… for Arduino, ESP32, ESP8266