Smart Home kits, security camera, robot vacuum cleaner, air purifier ... *Excluding products already on promotion
Wemos proposes a new version Lite of the LoLin32 based on a module ESP-WROOM-32 corrected. This new module identified ESP32-DOWD6Q 28017 (Rev 1) brings some bug fixes from Espressif SoC. This SoC is always equipped with 4MB of flash memory and brings 801.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth LE for your DIY projects based on microcontrollers.
To become Lite, the LoLin32 has to lose a few pins. The RX / TX and 5V pins are no longer present on the board. There is only one GND pin (instead of 5) and only one 3V3 pin (instead of 2). All I / O pins are available (x21 in total) which will allow you to exploit all the possibilities offered by the ESP32. The JST connector used to power the LoLin32 Lite using a LiPo battery is always present. It is now oriented in the extension of the card to the left of the micro-USB connector. The micro-USB port is always present. It is used for programming (code Arduino, Lua or micro-python) as well as for the charge of the battery. The LoLin32 Lite status LED is always present. The Reset button has moved between the two micro-USB and LiPo battery connectors.
|Wemos LoLin32 classic||Wemos LoLin32 Lite|
Pin Evolutions Between the LoLin232 and the Lite
Here is a comparative table that summarizes the changes made.
34, 35, 32, 33, 25, 26, 27, 14, 12, 22, 19, 23, 18, 5, 17, 16, 4, 0, 2, 15, 13
All features of the LoLin32 Lite
- SoC: Espressive ESP32-DOWD6Q Rev 1.0. Tensilica Xtensa LX6 dual core processor
- WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
- Bluetooth LE
- I/O via
- Connector 2×13-pin for UART, I2C, SPI, VP / VN, DAC …
- All pins operate with 3.3V
- Compatible Breadboard
- 1x micro USB port for power, LiPo battery charging, programming and debug
- USB / serial converter: CH340G (drivers for macOS and Windows on WiKi)
- 1x Reset Button
- Power: 5V via the micro USB connector or LiPo battery (max. Charging current: 500mA)
- Dimensions and weight: not indicated (approx 40 x 25mm)
The card is still as narrow as her sister. A connector row is available on each side when installed on a breadboard.
The card comes with the mircopython firmware but you can run Arduino or Lua code as with all ESP32 or ESP8266 development boards. It is available for sale on the AliExpress shop of Wemos at the price of $4.90 + $1.40 of shipping costs (in my case).
- Wemos LoLin32 Lite, more compact revision of the LoLin32 to $4.90
- ArduinoOTA ESP32: Wi-Fi (OTA) Wireless Update from the Arduino IDE
- Getting start programming the ESP32 with the PlatformIO IDE
- Programming ESP32 boards with Arduino IDE on macOS, Windows 7/8/10, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi)
- #Guide: Which ESP32 development board to choose to develop DIY connected objects
- Two Hornbill development boards based on ESP32 (Crowdfunding)