Recycle a remote-co...

Notifications
Clear all

Recycle a remote-controlled car (RC car) with an ESP8266, Shield Motor Wemos d1 mini and Blynk

christophe
Admin
Topic starter
(@chris)
wpf-cross-image

For this new project, I propose to recycle a remote-controlled car by replacing the radio receiver by an ESP8266. The engines will be controlled using a shield Motor for Wemos d1 mini presented in this article. You definitely have an old remote-controlled car that hangs at home. The remote control no longer works or has…

4 Replies
c8ed5d3ec590402a959e51c9c2d818ff?s=80&d=mm&r=g
 Shafiqur Khan
(@Shafiqur Khan)

There seems to be a minor mistake in the wiring diagram for motor B. I think it should connect to B1, B2.

Also, I've connected the shield with the Wemos D1 mini. Checked all the connections to see if the power supplies are sending power. However, for some reason my motor pins (A1, A2, B1, B2) are not getting power. VM and GND is hooked up to a 5V power source, and d1 mini is connected to USB. If I short VM/GND to A1/A2 or B1/B2, the motors are reacting as expected. How do I troubleshoot this?

3 Replies
christopher 1
 Projets DIY
(@Projets DIY)

Hello. Thank you very much. We can invert B1 and B2 and change in the program. The wemos does not deliver enough power (only 800mA) on the 5V output to power the motors. You must use a LiPO battery or even better the old batteries of the car. Have fun 🙂

c8ed5d3ec590402a959e51c9c2d818ff?s=80&d=mm&r=g
 Shafiqur Khan
(@Shafiqur Khan)

Looks like my motor shield came without a driver. So I flashed it. Then I stacked the wemos motor shield on top of the wemos d1 mini. Connected VM/GND of the wemos motor shield to a 5V (4x1.2V AA) source, and wemos d1 mini to a 3.7v LiPo battery, A1/A2 to motor 1 leads, and B/B2 to motor 2 leads. Am I missing anything? For some reason A1, A2, B1, B2 aren't being powered up when I send command through the arduino sketch. However, the motors do react when I short A1/A2, B1/B2 to VM/GND.

christopher 1
 Projets DIY
(@Projets DIY)

Absolutely Shafiqur. I encountered exactly the same problem. As I mentioned in the article, it is absolutely necessary to buy the motor shield at wemos directly ( http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/f2Nr3jU). The clones do not work (well the ones I bought 🙁 !)

Share:
Join Us!
Recent Posts
Last Articles
DIY Projects
DIY Projects