Then, free to everyone to install his Mini PC. The case is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2 or 3, the Raspberry Pi Zero and the Odroid C1 or C2.
Presentation of the new Diskio Pi
The first fundraising campaign was not a failure. On the contrary, it allowed to make known concept and team. This is the lot of many projects on Kickstarter (and other crowdfunding platform). The whole project has been flat since last July.
The shell still allows you to receive several Mini PCs, Raspberry Pi 2/3 / Zero, Odroid C1 / C2 / XU4 or any other computer card having dimensions close to the Raspberry Pi. The 13.3 ” full HD multi-touch screen has been retained. The concept has been improved on many points. A VESA bracket will fix the tablet to the wall. It’s a good idea to create a touch dashboard to control your home automation system. 3 battery capacities will be proposed. A removable foot will put the tablet vertically without risk of tipping.
Other tempting options should come later. The first would offer the possibility of using the screen as an external and portable touchscreen. A slot will install a SATA hard drive compatible USB 3.0 (too bad, the Raspberry Pi is limited to USB 2.0), an Ethernet POE adapter, an audio management card …
To ensure its success, the next campaign will be more modest. It will start in January 2018 with an amount of about 1000 €. The funds collected will be used to finance the machining of the injection mold. Existing equipment will be recycled for this new start. The price of the kit has not been published yet. We will talk about it again next January, without a doubt. Let’s wish good luck to the entire team of Diskio Pi in the meantime!
- Install the Pixel Desktop on Raspbian Stretch Lite. 10 essential software for the Raspberry Pi 3
- Configure VNC on Raspbian to remotely access the Pixel desktop of the Raspberry Pi
- Make a DIY Recalbox or Retropie retro gaming arcade with joystick and 8 buttons for less than €85
- WebSocket communication with an ESP8266 or Arduino in Python. Test with the ws4py library on Raspberry Pi
- Python library evdev on Raspberry Pi to use a Gamepad in your DIY projects (servomotor, games, robotic…)
- DiskioPi, DIY touch pad kit made from Raspberry Pi 3 comes back with a new design in 2018