EleksMaker is a Chinese specializing in XY tables and mini CNC milling machines based on ATmega microcontrollers (Arduino compatible). To discover the brand, the official page is here. Two models (dimensions) are available. The A5 model has an engraving surface of 200 x 130 mm. The A3 model has a surface area of 300 x 400 mm engraving. You can buy the EleksMaker table alone in A5 or A3 format or with a laser module. Four powers are available: 500mW, 1600mW, 2500mW and 5500mW. Laser sources can also be purchased separately in the event of a breakdown (or wear). Follow the link to the desired power 1600mW, 2500mW, 5500mW or 7000mW.
EleksMaker EleksLaser models and powers
|Laser power||A5 size
200 x 130 mm
300 x 400 mm
|7000mW||Blue laser source 445nm||Blue laser source 445nm|
XY EleksMaker EleksLaser Engraving Table discounts
Prohibited and possible materials in laser engraving
Laser engraving is not an innocuous activity. There may be risks with some materials. The Swiss University of Geneva listed on this page several materials to prohibit in laser engraving. they are essentially polymeric materials that can melt or burn (ABS, EPS, EPP, PE-HD, PC) or release harmful gases (PVC, synthetic leather, fiberglass, carbon fiber, PTFE) or carcinogenic (MDF) .
Here are some materials that may be suitable according to the University of Geneva *:
- Acrylic glass, plexiglass GS or plexiglass XT
- Polyester or Polyurethane (PU), some of which are: Cellasto®, Elastocoat®, Elastoflex®, Elastofoam®, Elastolit®, Elastopal®, Elastopan®, Elastopor®, Lupranol®, Baydur®, Bayfill®, Bayflex®, Baylit®, Baymer®, Baytherm®, Desmodur®
- Cardboard, paper
- Solid wood but not the MDF (medium-density fiberboard) nor the plywood. MDF is obtained by agglomeration and gluing crushed wood residues
- Textile. Be careful that the engraving head does not catch on the move
(*) Indicative information in the current state of knowledge of the toxicity of materials in November 2017. Please observe the safety instructions of the manufacturers.
Wear protective goggles!
Attention, the wearing of protective glasses is obligatory during the engraving. A pair of goggles is usually delivered in laser engraving kits. In case of loss, breakage or to equip your friends, you can buy separately protective glasses suitable for laser engraving. Be careful to choose a pair of protective glasses adapted to the wavelength band emitted by your laser. Here are some classic wavelengths:
- Blue laser: 360 ~ 490nm. The most used in engraving
- Green laser: 520 ~ 540nm
- Red laser: 590 ~ 690nm
- Infrared: 1064nm
Two products that may be suitable
|For blue/violet laser from 200 to 500nm OD4+. Glasses delivered in EleksLaser kits||Filter from 360nm to 1064nm. IPL-2 OD+4D|
- All prices mentioned above are in CHF.
- This product is available at Banggood.
- At banggood.com you can purchase EleksMaker® EleksLaser-A5 Pro 2500mW Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer for only CHF 349.07
- The lowest price of EleksMaker® EleksLaser-A5 Pro 2500mW Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer was obtained on 10 August 2022 3 h 07 min.