The Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor is a sensor that can protect your valuables by detecting vibrations. It can be placed on an opening (drawer, door) or directly on the object to be protected. As soon as the vibration exceeds a programmable threshold, a notification is sent to the Xiaomi gateway.
Until now, it was necessary to be satisfied with the contactor of door or magnetic window to detect the opening of other opening. For example, a drawer, the door of the fridge, the freezer, a safe, the door of a cabinet or wine cellar. Problems with metal surfaces or in the presence of a magnet could make it more difficult to install the sensor. The new sensor Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor corrects the problem by using an accelerometer that can detect vibrations and deduce an opening or displacement. The sensor operates using a 3V CR2032 lithium battery. The lifetime announced by Xiaomi is 2 years. Of course, the life will depend on the object protected or monitored by the sensor. A table of great value moves a little less than the fridge door 🙂
The Zigbee2mqtt project now allows Xiaomi accessories to be integrated into a home automation server (Domoticz, Jeedom, Home Assistant, Open Hab …) without having to buy the official gateway. It’s more economical and you have full control over the data collected by Xiaomi sensors. Here are several tutorials to start
- Xiaomi Mijia Honeywell Smoke Detector Test with Domoticz, Emergency Notification with PushOver
- Xiaomi Aqara now compatible with Apple Homekit, new Vibration Sensor and Honeywell Natural Gas Detector
- #Test Zigbee2MQTT gateway. Part 2, include Xiaomi Aqara or Mijia accessories to Domoticz with Node-RED [update]
- #Test Zigbee2MQTT project, hack of the Xiaomo Aqara Smart Home Gateway. Part 1: assembly, demo with Node-RED, 3D printed case [update]
If you prefer the official solution, you will need to buy the Xiaomi Smart Home gateway and the Mi Home app for iOS and Android is required. It is also possible to use the motion detector on most open source home automation software (Jeedom using a plugin, Domoticz or Home Assistant). To learn more, you can read this tutorial of unpacking the kit Xiaomi Smart Home 6 in 1 and this one for an example of integration in Home Assistant.
- Dimensions: 36x36x9mm
- Protocol: Zigbee
- Battery: CR2032 3V lithium (advertised life of 2 years)
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to + 50 ° C
- Humidity range: 0 to 95% RH
- Requires a gateway
- White colour
- Fixation: sticker
Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor offers
China / Europe / UK / USA adapter to operate the gateway
An electrical adapter is needed to operate the gateway in your country.
Xiaomi Mi Home gateway 5 in 1 pack
For a first installation, it is more interesting to buy the gateway Xiaomi Mi Home in a pack. The 5 in 1 pack is more interesting outside China because it does not integrate the connected socket.
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available in AliExpress, BangGood.com, FastTech.
- At aliexpress.com you can purchase Original xiaomi mijia aqara vibration / shock sensor Built In Gyro Motion sensor ,For xiaomi mi home app ,International Edition for only $10.95, which is 27% less than the cost in FastTech ($15.08).
- The lowest price of Authentic Xiaomi Aqara DJT11LM Movement Detection Vibration Detector Sensor was obtained on 22 September 2018 19 h 02 min.
Brand | manufacturer: Xiaomi
Sensors: Vibration | shock
Output | Relay: 0