The Raspberry Pi Zero W is a very compact and miniature version of the Raspberry Pi 3. Built around the SoC Broadcom BCM2835 mono-core @ 1Ghz, it is a miniature development board powerful enough and versatile for many applications. Object connected, data recording station, IP surveillance camera (example), robotic, RC, drone … The video connector (1080p) is in mini-HDMI format. If you buy the Raspberry Pi Zero W alone or it is not included in your Essential Kit, follow this tutorial which shows how to install Raspbian (Jessie or Sketch) without screen or keyboard. Victim of its success (and its very low price), the Raspberry Pi Zero W is quite difficult to find apart from a kit.
How powerful is Raspberry Pi 3?
The Pi Zero W is built around the Broadcom BCM2835 mono core core clocked at 1GHz and 512 MB Ram. The f4bi site published a very complete benchmark realized with SysBench. To summarize, Pi Zero W is equivalent to Raspberry Pi 2 in most tasks.
With only 512MB of Ram, the Pi Zero W is clearly not intended to operate (smoothly) the Pixel graphics desktop.
Technical characteristics :
- SoC Broadcom BCM2835 mono-core@1Ghz
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1x Mini HDMI 1080P Video Output
- 1x micro-USB OTG (On-The-Go) for power supply
- 1x HAT compatible 40-pin connector (bare, solder connector like this)
- CSI Camera Connector
- Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n
- Bluetooth 4.1. Bluetooth low power consumption (BLE)
Raspberry Pi Zero starter kit
History of the best deals on Amazon
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at DealExtreme.
- At dx.com you can purchase Geekworm Raspberry Pi Zero W 7-in-1 Ultimate Starter Kit (Raspberry Pi Zero W Included) for only $41.36
- The lowest price of Waveshare Raspberry Pi Zero W Development Kit was obtained on 10 January 2018 19 h 54 min.