The 3D printer Anet A6 as its sister the A8 is derived from the Prusa i3 3D printer well known to makers whose design dates back to 2012. Compared to the Anet A8, the A6 has a volume of 10mm higher print on the Z axis carrying print volume from 220 x 220 x 240mm to 220 x 220 x 250mm. This is an improved version of the A8 on several points: the LCD (LCD type 2004) has been replaced by a larger screen (LCD864). The print head takes place in a machined metal cradle. The cooling air is correctly guided using a nozzle (printed in 3D). Stepper motors are better and more robust. The print speed can reach 120mm / s. The heating plate can be heated to 100 ° C. The most demanding materials can be printed. Available from € is a price that remains correct for a 3D printer kit to build yourself. The price of the A6 is justified compared to the improvements made to the A8.
It is an ideal printer to start with 3D printing. First, it is often found in promo at around $165 at major Chinese merchant sites (all offers and coupon codes are updated regularly below). It is possible to print from a 3D printing software such as Cura for example by connecting the printer to your computer (Windows PC, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi …) using a USB cable. If the printer is not detected automatically, install the drivers for the CH340G USB to Serial converter. The drivers are available on Anet’s dropbox here. The motherboard is also equipped with an SD board reader. The firmware of the A8 supports GCode, OBJ and STL files.
The A8 is a versatile printer. Equipped with a heating plate, it is able to print a wide variety of filaments (PLA, ABS, PVA, PP), including special filaments (wood, HIPS, fluorescent).
Bold improvements compared to the A8
- Printing area: 220 x 220 x 250mm
- Print speed: 120 mm/s
- Diameter of the nose of the print head: 0.4 mm
- Thickness of layer: between 0.1 and 0.3 mm
- Position accuracy of the X and Y axes: 0.012 mm
- Positioning accuracy of the Z axis: 0.004 mm
- Compatible Materials: ABS, PLA, TPU, Fluorescent, PVA Nylon, PP, Wood, HIPS
- Diameter filament: 1.75mm
- Structure: acrylic plate
- Better LCD configuration screen (LCD12864) with a rotary selector and validation buttons
- Hot bed: up to 100° C
- Max temperature of the extruder: 260°C
- Printing modes:
- Online USB cable from Cura or other 3D printing software
- Offline with an SD board
- Supported file format: GCode, OBJ, STL
- Supply voltage: 12V, 20A, 240W
- Weight of the printer: 7.6 kg
- 3D printer:480 x 400 x 400 mm
- Carton packing:450x446x215 mm
- Operating temperature: 10 to 30°C
- Certifications: EMC, FCC, LVD, RoHs
Resources to assemble the Anet A6 and A8
Anet provides many resources needed to assemble the printer and set your A8 also usable for the A6
- Spare parts list
- Instruction of assembly (in English)
- Tips and settings for improving print quality
- Print Software Installation (English)
- Software to install: driver CH340G, Cura, RepetierHost
- Printable models (for debugging): STL files, GCode files
- How to install the Repetier firmware on the A8
Anet put on Youtube several videos subtitled in English very useful for the assembly and the setting.
Assembly (part 1)
- Unpacking, carton contents
- Mechanical assembly of the structure
- Assembly of the X and Y axes and the carriage supporting the printing plate
- Adjusting the tension of the toothed belt
- Mounting the print tray
- Mounting the Z axis
- Installing the LCD screen
- Mounting the print head carriage
Assembly (part 2)
- Assembly of belts
- 12V power supply
- Wiring: X/Y/Z axis motors, extruder, print head, tray, LCD screen
- Reel filament reel
- Adjustment of the flatness of the printing plate (by 4 adjustment screws at the four sides of the printing plate)
- Starting and checking the adjustment of the flatness of the printing plate
- Filament installation
- Print test
Z axis adjustment
- Installation of the Z-axis limit switch
- The distance between the platen and the nose of the print head should be 25mm. The Z-axis limit switch must be 23mm from the engine mount
- Adjust flatness of the tray at the four corners. The space between the print head and the tray must not exceed 0.2mm (the thickness of a sheet of paper)
Installing the auto leveling sensor on the Z axis
The Anet A8 is not equipped with a self-leveling sensor. It is an accessory that must be purchased separately for about $10. This video explains how to replace the limit switch with an auto leveling sensor. This option slightly increases the price of the printer but it is an option that brings a great comfort of everyday use. It is a shame to deprive oneself of it. The self-leveling sensor is installed behind the print head.
3D printing parts to improve your A8
At this price, the A8 has some flaws. The very active community has made available on Thingiverse several pieces that you just have to print to improve your Anet A8:
- Vertical stand to install on top of the printer. The filament placed above the print head is easier to unwind.
- Structural reinforcement
- Tension of the X and Y axis belts
- Belt attachment system for the X and Y axes
- Spare X-axis support (left and right side)
- Circular cooling nozzle
Gearbest coupons for the Anet 3D Printers
No coupon code currently available
Old Gearbest coupons
You can also test these old Gearbest coupons.
Gearbest coupons for other 3D printers
Here is a list of coupon codes valid for other 3D printers on Gearbest
All other Gearbest promo codes sorted by theme
||TV Box and Mini PC
|Micro SD Cards
||Vacuum Cleaner Robots
How to use a promo code on Gearbest
The price displayed on Gearbest does not take into account the discount. To take advantage of a promo code on Gearbest, start by adding the product to the cart. Before making the payment, enter the promo code in the Coupon field and press Apply. The promo code is validated and the final price recalculated. Gearbest has a logistics platform in England. Some codes are valid only from China or England. This is often the case for heavier products like the Xiaomi Mi Vacuum Cleaner. If you can not take advantage of the discount, delete the article by clicking delete and return to the product page. Choose another warehouse ( Warehouse Options : China | UK ) before you add the product to your cart.
Anet A6 3D printer discount
Accessories and Spare Parts for Anet A6 or A8 3D Printers
Anet A8, the low cost 3D printer
A more robust version with superior capabilities, the Anet A6 is also available for a very close price.
- This product is available at Ebay, Banggood, Amazon.com.
- At ebay.com you can purchase Anet® A6 3D Printer DIY Kit 1.75mm / 0.4mm Support ABS / PLA / HIPS for only $69.23, which is 74% less than the cost in Amazon.com ($266.60).
- The lowest price of Anet A6 3D Printer Kit - Upgraded Prusa i3 Variant was obtained on 16 April 2021 3 h 02 min.