The PiOLED Adafruit is a small 128×32 pixel monochrome OLED display that plugs into the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO port. Communication with the PiOLED is done using the I2C bus. It is very easy to program in Python using the SSD1306 library (Adafruit_Python_SSD1306) developed by Adafruit for example. The PiOLED is compatible with the entire Raspberry Pi 1, B +, Pi 2, Pi 3 and Pi Zero range. The module comes pre-assembled.
This small screen will be very handy for displaying information without having to plug in a screen or connect in SSH to the Raspberry. For example, the IP address, CPU load, temperature, available space on the SD card, Wi-Fi reception level. Convenient for Raspberry Pi-based projects to develop a Web server, a multi-media server, NAS or a network backup. For a DIY home automation server, this screen will allow for example to display states or important measures (smoke detector, door open, presence detection). To operate, the i2C bus must be activated. The module has the default 0x3c address. Execute this command to check its presence
sudo i2cdetect -y 1
This expansion card is not Has standard Raspberry. The screen is shifted from the GPIO and uses only the minimum pin of the GPIO (power supply and I2C). Other GPIO pins can be used to connect sensors or actuators. By cons, impossible to use another Hat (which is not strange, the hats were not designed to stack). If you need to use other expansion cards, for example the Razberry that supports the Z-Wave, you may want to consider a USB equivalent.
- Pi Imager and the configuration wizard simplify the installation of Raspberry Pi OS (old Raspbian)
- New Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ 2018 @1.4GHz, Gigabit Ethernet, Ethernet POE Daughter Card, Flash Sale at $49.99 on Gearbest
- #Test LCD 3.5” HDMI touch screen (via GPIO) with acrylic case for Raspberry Pi 3 under Raspbian (480×320 to 1920×1080 pixels)
- Install the Pixel Desktop on Raspbian Stretch Lite. 10 essential software for the Raspberry Pi 3
- Configure VNC on Raspbian to remotely access the Pixel desktop of the Raspberry Pi
- Activate the i2c bus of Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi Zero W